Sunday, June 29, 2014

2003 Corolla LE change in cabin air filter, get some fresh air inside!

I have sinus problem. I have frequent nasal congestion. I also sneeze a lot, and I notice the problem seem to worse when I am in my car. It made me think the air wasn't too clean in the car. That made me thinking about ways to improve air quality in the car. I have 2003 Toyota Corolla LE. An old car but still runs great.

With a bit of Googling, I realize how easy it is to replace the in-cabin air filter. So I went out and got this Purolator C35491 BreatheEASY Cabin Air Filter



Here is what I did: First, open up the glove compartment and unscrew the hinge on the right side


Press on both side of the glove box to "release" the tabs that are holding the glove box in place


After that, the glove box should come off easily. The air filter cover should now be exposed and easily accessible. Press on the clip at both end of the air filter cover


Remove the cover. Now you can pull out and and replace the in-cabin air filter. Put everything back together and you are good to go! 



Just thought I would give you a bit of motivation to take some action: This is the old air filter I pulled out of my car. Yes, OMFG! 



After I replace the filter, I notice I don't sneeze in my car anymore. And I am not sure if it is related, but I no longer smell that weird order after I turn on the A/C. 

So people, please check your air filter to see if it needs to be replaced. It is very cheap and very easy to do! 




No comments:

Post a Comment